Rakkasah West Fest 2011
Saturday, Page 1: A- J
by Carl Sermon
posted April 18, 2011
Rakkasah West Festival is held every year at various venues in the East Bay of San Francisco, California over Friday Eve, Saturday and Sunday. This year the event was held at the Richmond Auditorium.
This is page 1 (A-J) of photos from Saturday, March 12, 2011.
Yosifah and Nathan, Martinez, CA
Banat El Haggar
Ava Flemming with Black Opal
Black Opal- Nava
Dancers of the Cresent Moon
Siwa and Zorba, Santa Cruz, CA
Dancers of the Pharoah, click above photo for enlargement
Dancers Heat Dancers, click above for enlargement
El Cerrito, CA
Elnora and Rhonda
Walnut Creek, CA
Jewels of the North
El Dorado, CA
Ready for more?
- 4-5-11 Rakkasah West Fest 2011, Friday Evening, Main Stage Only,
Aisha, Arabian Jewels, Azura, Dancers of Denile, Ariellah and Deshreet, Tatseena and Dreams of Cleopatra, Elnora, Ghanima, Goddess Force, Halima, Diana, Inami, Khalilah, Latifa, Kiyoko, Leila Haddad, Shaida, Shadya, Tanya, Zia!
- 9-26-10 A Dancer’s Perspecitive: 2010 Yaa Halla Y’all Belly Dance Competition by Iman, Photos by Carl Sermon and MsShuqa
Yaa Halla Y’all is an action-packed, four-day event for all styles of Belly dance: Tribal, Alternative, and Cabaret.
- 8-12-10 Abdominal Freakish Delights: Aboard The Queen Mary! Photo Report from MECDA’s Cairo Caravan 2010, June 4-6, 2010 PAGE 1 AND PAGE 2 by Ma*Shuqa Mira Murjan and Carl Sermon
Staying onboard the ship Queen Mary makes the event special and a unique and amazing experience As you walk the long curved and richly carpeted halls, you realize that you really are aboard a stately ship–named after a queen–a ship that once sailed the Atlantic Ocean.
- 4-17-11 The Fundamentals of Fusion by Laura Tempest Schmidt
Gothic Bellydance has taken years to develop fully and define itself more exactly, but it has developed. Steampunk has different origins, but there are very specific things that are unique to it as well.
- 4-13-11 The Controversy, Learning to Love Eternal Debate
The path of artistic innovation is not a forward pointing line; it is a pendulum. Art doesn’t move foreword cleanly; it bashes against ideas and is repelled by them! Movements emerge from conflict, not despite it.
- 4-11-11 As the Music Fades, Egypt’s January 25 Revolution’s Impact on the Muscians and Dancers
Read more: Gilded Serpent, Belly Dance News & Events , As the Music Fades: Copyright 1998-to current date by Gilded Serpent, LLC
We can’t attain what they had in the past because we are not free. Our minds are full of work and what we should and shouldn’t do. There’s no time for good art. Politics mixed with religion does not make for an atmosphere where the arts can flourish.
- 4-10-11 Sound-Byte Bellydance, Part One: Evolution of Bellydance
Through her clear description of what she wanted to learn, I was able to look inside our recent dance evolution and see what we dance teachers in the west have done to change Bellydance here in the U.S., how we have changed and modified it into something it never was in the lands of its origins.
- 4-7-11 Our Changing Dance World, a Response to Leila’s "Dance for Dancers"
Of course, we learn musicality and so forth, but where dance classes in some places are an hour long, teaching long choreography is not sustainable to an instructor.
- 4-6-11 Video Interview with Shadi of Diamond Pyramid on the Community Kaleidoscope
Gilded Serpent interviews Shadi of Diamond Pyramid regarding the business scene since the Egyptian Revolution less than a month before this interview. This interview was conducted at the Belly Dancer of the Universe Competition in Long Beach, California on February 20, 2011
| | No Comments